During the press conference held by the Prime Minister this evening, England is now moving to Step 2 of the roadmap that was outlined on February 23rd.
This is just a brief summary of the roadmap and you can read more about the press conference here: https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/pm-statement-at-coronavirus-press-conference-5-april-2021
From Monday April 12th, 2021, the following will be able to happen:
– all non-essential retail can open
– all close-contact service business can open
– public buildings – including libraries and community centres can open
– indoor leisure facilities such as gyms can re-open but ONLY for use by people in their own household groups
– most outdoor attractions and settings (zoos, theme parks, drive-in cinemas) can open
– self-contained accommodation – campsites, holiday lets – where indoor facilities are not shared with other households can open and people within the same household can take a holiday in England
– hospitality venues can open and serve to people outdoors – people will not need to order a substantial meal with alcohol and the curfew will be lifted – only table service will be allowed, and the wider social contact rules are still going to be in place to prevent indoor mixing between households
– 15 people will be able to attend weddings, receptions and commemorative events
– children can attend indoor children’s activities and indoor sports
– parent and child groups can happen for up to 15 people indoors (children under the age of 5 don’t count)
– outdoor gatherings are still limited to 6 people or two households – there is not to be any indoor socialising with anyone outside of your household or support bubble
– those in care homes can have up to 2 visitors
– people must continue to work from home
– minimise domestic travel
– no international holidays
The government also announced that from Friday, April 9, 2021, everyone will be able to get lateral flow tests and be able to test twice weekly. These tests will be able to be picked up for FREE from pharmacies, designated pickup points and on the government website (https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests).
They have also shared their Roadmap Review Update with the public which covers a number of things including Covid-Status Certificates, Global Travel, re-opening of large events, and social distancing. You can read the whole report here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-response-spring-2021-reviews-terms-of-reference/roadmap-reviews-update
I am continually monitoring the updates that the government and other business-related departments release and will continue to share that information for as long as I feel that it is beneficial to all businesses in the UK.
The information and policies are continually being updated by the government, so I urge you to keep on top of the information by visiting the relevant website for your area.
Northern Ireland: https://www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/
I will be trying to keep myself as informed as possible and will share relevant information on my fb business page: https://www.facebook.com/ihelmenterprises/