During the press conference held by the Prime Minister this evening, the government announced what things will look like from July 19th, if we move onto stage 4 of the roadmap – which will be decided on July 12th.
You can read more about the press conference here: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/prime-minister-sets-out-plan-to-ease-restrictions-at-step-4
If England moves to stage 4 of the roadmap, from July 19th, the following will apply:
– the vaccination program will be revamped to reduce the time frame between doses so that all people aged 18 and over can be fully vaccinated by mid-September 2021
– there will be no legal limits on mixing indoors or outdoors
– all UK businesses, including nightclubs, will be allowed to open
– there will be no requirement for social distancing
– masks will not legally need to be worn, however, people will be asked to use common sense and to wear masks in certain situations like on public transport, in crowded indoor places, and if they are going to be mixing with people they don’t know or with someone who is vulnerable
– people will still need to isolate if told to do so, though a different regime will be outlined in the coming days
– the education secretary will do an announcement tomorrow (July 6th, 2021) about how things will be dealt with in schools
– there will no longer be a requirement for all staff to work from home
– limits on named visitors to care homes will be lifted, as well as limits on the numbers able to attend concerts, theatres and sports events.
I am continually monitoring the updates that the government and other business-related departments release and will continue to share that information for as long as I feel that it is beneficial to all businesses in the UK.
The information and policies are continually being updated by the government, so I urge you to keep on top of the information by visiting the relevant website for your area.
Northern Ireland: https://www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/
I will be trying to keep myself as informed as possible and will share relevant information on my fb business page: https://www.facebook.com/ihelmenterprises/